RxAdvanced: Leadership and Communication
The daily life of a pharmacist is anything but routine. Beyond the dispensing roles and clinical expertise, a successful pharmacist faces a range of complex personal interactions that call for more than drug therapy competence. Every pharmacist must be an expert communicator and leader, ready to have effective conversations with patients, physicians, healthcare professionals, team members, and managers.
Even the best leadership and communication training offered in pharmacy school is not enough to give pharmacists the depth and breadth of soft skills needed to meet the day-to-day rigors of today’s pharmacy.
The nation’s top pharmacies prime their pharmacists for peak performance with extra training in human skills that foster success.
Why TRC Healthcare?
TRC Healthcare is a respected leader in pharmacy training and continuing education, trusted by the nation’s pharmacies to deliver the exact set of skills pharmacists use each day. We partner with pharmacies that appreciate the advantages a well-trained staff can deliver, from better patient care to increased profits.
Our program is unique to other forms of leadership and communication training because it is created for the distinct environment where pharmacists work—one that calls on them to juggle numerous functions.
Designed by Pharmacists for Pharmacists
Guided by the expressed needs of busy pharmacists, we created RxAdvanced: Leadership and Communication to cover the gamut of everyday interactions pharmacists have as they build relationships and lead others.
RxAdvanced: Leadership and Communication addresses every audience connected with pharmacy operations, including:
- Patients and caregivers
- Physicians and other members of the healthcare team
- Pharmacy technicians and other team members
- Managers at all levels of the organization
What to Expect from RxAdvanced: Leadership and Communication
Pharmacists who take this online training will learn in an engaging, interactive format that offers nine hours of CE credit from an ACPE-accredited provider. For convenient access, the program is available to participants 24/7. If desired, you can supplement our curriculum with one file that covers your organization’s specific information.
In exchange for their study, pharmacists will improve confidence and reduce the anxiety they may have in dealing with patients, healthcare providers, and pharmacy team members and colleagues—all in a fast-paced atmosphere.
In this multi-part program, your pharmacists will find:
- Scenarios, case studies, and self-assessments that unite practice with experience
- Quizzes that measure mastery of the content
- Reference tools to refresh skills later
- Proven, time-tested principles of effective leadership and communication
- Emphasis on skills that build emotional intelligence and empathy
- A self-guided format
- Optional skills check
Leading and Communicating for Better Patient Care
Today’s evolving healthcare system gives pharmacists an influential role within a patient’s healthcare team. Pharmacists are often the first resource many patients turn to for expert advice about common ailments and chronic disease management.
The extensive education pharmacists receive in pharmacy school qualifies them to oversee medications, discuss safety, and manage side effects with patients. This program augments their education by delivering effective leadership and communication skills for their integral roles in Medication Therapy Management, outreach, and other collaborations with physicians aimed at assessing patients and improving patient care.
Pharmacists also learn how to share clear, digestible healthcare data with patients from various cultures, generations, and backgrounds. They learn how to express empathy and compassion when conveying sensitive information. Completion of the program gives pharmacists prowess with conducting meaningful patient counseling, motivational interviewing, and communicating effectively within the healthcare team.
RxAdvanced: Leadership and Communication trains pharmacists for the gamut of patient-focused and provider-facing interactions, including:
- Building persuasive rationales for therapeutic suggestions
- Identifying opportunities to offer helpful patient advice and preventive care
- Developing sustained awareness of interpersonal impact
- Managing written, verbal, and non-verbal communication in a dynamic environment
- Collaborating with healthcare providers to promote health and prevent errors
Leading and Communicating for Business Results
Behind the scenes, pharmacists lead a myriad of business functions, from resolving conflicts between employees, to getting multiple tiers of management onboard with the need for additional resources. Highly trained pharmacists solve operational problems, mentor and coach other members of the pharmacy team, and help people adapt to change.
RxAdvanced: Leadership and Communication equips pharmacists to be effective leaders who drive practice change and optimize patient care by:
- Building stronger relationships with team members and other healthcare partners
- Giving constructive performance feedback to employees
- Initiating clear communication with physicians and other healthcare providers
- Responding to information provided by other healthcare providers
- Adapting leadership styles for various circumstances
- Actively listening to understand
As your training partner, TRC Healthcare delivers:
- Relevant, all-inclusive education in leadership and communication, targeted for a pharmacist’s daily work
- Cost-effective training, priced for the size of your organization
- Enhanced skills that help pharmacists advance their careers, manage rapid change, and avoid burnout that can influence turnover
- High-impact training that conserves your budget
- A flexible structure that lets you add a supplemental, organization-specific file
- Regular updates that reflect the highest industry standards
- Strengthen Your Communication Skills
- Addressing Patient Needs Through Effective Communication
- Optimizing Communication with Diverse Populations
- Engaging and Motivating Patients During Consultation
- Collaborating and Communicating with the Healthcare Team
- Developing Your Leadership Skills in the Pharmacy
- Improving Work Relationships by Managing Up
- Sharpening Your Training and Mentoring Skills
- Providing Effective and Constructive Feedback
Boost your organization’s competitive edge by training pharmacists to be well-rounded leaders, capable of building positive relationships and managing operations for optimal results. Choose TRC Healthcare as your preferred resource for comprehensive leadership and communication training, tailored for your pharmacists.