TRC editors and editorial staff are often practicing pharmacists and clinicians who frequently participate in interactive forums at pharmacy community events, and take active leadership roles in pharmacy, pharmacy technician and healthcare professional associations.
Take a look at some of their recent activities:
- TRC Assistant Editor Jeff Langford, PharmD, BCPS-AQ Cardiology presented “Keeping Up with Medical Literature” at the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy.
- TRC Senior Editor Melissa Blair, BS, PharmD, BCPS, FCCP, FASHP, presented on Opioid Stewardship to the Louisiana Hospital Association.
- Dr. Langford also presented “CV Risk Reduction in Type 2 Diabetes: Integrating New Evidence Into Clincal Practice” at the Georgia Society of Health-System Pharmacists Fall Meeting in Young Harris, Georgia.
- TRC Assistant Clinical Editor for Natural Medicines Marina Shkayeva, PharmD, presented a poster on dietary supplements with excessive pyridoxine at the American Society for Nutrition (ASN) Annual Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland.
- TRC Editor Sandye Chabot, PharmD, presented at McKesson ideaShare in Orlando, Florida.
- Dr. Langford presented on medication-assisted treatment at the AANP National Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- TRC Senior Director of Continuing Education (CE) & Content Management presented on technician CE at the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) CPE Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- Dr. Blair also received the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Dean Golod Award for contributions to the pharmacy profession, and delivered the commencement address at MUSC’s pharmacy residency graduation ceremony.
- TRC Assistant Clinical Editor Chelsey McIntyre, PharmD, and Director and Senior Editor for Natural Medicines Meredith Worthington, PhD, attended the Mary Frances Picciano Dietary Supplement Research Practicum at National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Dr. Blair presented with her New Hanover Regional Medical Center colleague, Neda Pourdeyhimi PharmD, BCPS, on opioid stewardship at the Health Connect Partners (HCP) Spring Hospital Pharmacy Conference in Miami, Florida.
- Dr. Blair also served as an American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) practitioner site surveyor for University Health System (UHS) – San Antonio PGY1 residency program.