Listen as nationally-recognized sterile compounding education leader Eric Kastango, BS Pharm, MBA, FASHP discusses the updated sterile compounding requirements to USP Chapter <797> effective December 1, 2019. Topics covered include training, cleaning, disinfection, and beyond-use dates (BUDs) for compounded products. It is intended for compounding pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in any setting.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Differentiate between the 2008 and 2019 versions of USP <797>.
- Explain the rationale for the changes made to the 2019 version of USP <797>.
- List changes that are required to ensure full implementation of USP <797> by December 1, 2019.
- Describe cleaning and disinfection processes.
- Define the appropriate beyond-use date for compounded products.
This is exclusive content available as a benefit of subscriptions that include CE. To watch this on-demand sterile compounding webinar, click on your subscription type below: