COVID-19 Emerging Recommendations Panel On-Demand Webinar
Hear TRC Editors and front-line providers who are actively working in one of the pandemic’s epicenters discuss the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic and its implications in your community.
Discussion topics include:
- Patient risk factors and how COVID-19 symptoms compare with influenza
- Evolving testing strategies for COVID-19 infection
- Meds being touted in medical and lay media as potential treatment options (remdesivir, lopinavir/ritonavir, hydroxychloroquine, tocilizumab, etc.)
- Med delivery changes to consider (nebulized meds vs. metered-dose inhaler delivery)
- Meds rumored to exacerbate COVID-19 infection (ACEI/ARBs, NSAIDs, steroids, etc.)
- Recommendations for social distancing, mask use, handwashing, and considerations for
compounding hand sanitizer
Featured guests: Doug Paauw, M.D. and John Lynch, M.D., faculty members at the University of Washington and physicians at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, an epicenter of COVID-19 infection.
Core panelists, including Steve Nissen, M.D., Chief of Cardiology at Cleveland Clinic, also discuss the CV implications of ACEI/ARB use in patients with coronavirus.
Read the full transcript here.
ON-Demand Webinar Links
This on-demand webinar is available to both TRC subscribers and non-subscribers. Subscribers* can get CE credit for watching the webinar; the general public can view the complimentary webinar in full for informational purposes but must purchase a subscription to get CE credit.
*This on-demand CE/CME webinar is available only to Gold and Platinum Pharmacist’s Letter and Prescriber’s Letter subscribers.
If you’re a subscriber, please click the appropriate button below:
For the complimentary version of the webinar (without CE/CME credit), click the button below.