This TRC Hot Topic webinar features an expert panel discussion about tapering chronic opioids. It is not eligible for CE credit, but is available for subscribers and non-subscribers.
Listen as William Gersch, PharmD, BCPS; and other panelists discuss and answer common clinical questions, including:
- Why are CDC experts speaking out about interpretation of their 2016 opioid prescribing guidelines?
- Which patients are candidates for opioid tapering?
- What are the downsides to chronic opioids?
- How should opioid withdrawal symptoms be managed, if they occur?
- How should tapers be individualized?
- Should all patients be completely tapered off opioids?