This month’s TRC Hot Topic on-demand webinar features an expert panel discussion and clinical guidance on First-Line Options for Type 2 Diabetes. Listen as Steven E. Nissen, MD, MACC, Chief Academic Officer, Heart and Vascular Institute, Lewis and Patricia Dickey Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine, Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, and other panelists discuss and answer common clinical questions, including:
- What are the benefits of metformin, GLP-1 agonists, and SGLT2 inhibitors for type 2 diabetes?
- What are downsides of metformin, GLP-1 agonists, and SGLT2 inhibitors?
- Why are first-line options for type 2 diabetes shifting?
- What are considerations for choosing a first-line med for type 2 diabetes?
- Which is the best option for patients with CV disease, heart failure, or chronic kidney disease?