This month’s TRC Hot Topic on-demand webinar features an expert panel discussion and clinical guidance on Managing Agitation in Dementia. Listen as Russ Blackwelder, MD, MDiv, CMD, Associate Professor, Director of Geriatric Education, MUSC Department of Family Medicine, Co-Medical Director, The Village at Summerville, Charleston, SC, and other panelists discuss and answer common clinical questions, including:
- What non-drug measures may improve agitation in patients with dementia?
- What are other causes of agitation in patients with dementia?
- When should medications be considered?
- What medication should be tried first?
- When should antipsychotics be used?
- What’s the role of benzodiazepines?
- Do any other meds have a role?