This month’s TRC Hot Topic on-demand webinar features an expert panel discussion and clinical guidance on Non-Statins for LDL Lowering. Listen as Steven E. Nissen, MD, MACC, Chief Academic Officer, Heart and Vascular Institute, Lewis and Patricia Dickey Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine, Professor of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH, and other panelists discuss and answer common clinical questions, including:
- What is bempedoic acid (Nexletol), and how effective is it?
- What should you use first for LDL lowering?
- How should patients with statin-intolerance or those who need additional LDL lowering be managed?
- What’s the role of non-statin LDL lowering medications (bempedoic acid, ezetimibe, etc)?
- What are downsides of bempedoic acid?
- Can bempedoic acid be combined with a statin?