Special guest Luke Laffin, MD, FACC, the Co-Director, Center for Blood Pressure Disorders with the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic joins us to talkabout first-line meds for hypertension.
Listen in as they discuss nuances regarding selection of a first-line medication for the treatment of hypertension.
You’ll also hear practical advice from panelists on TRC’s Editorial Advisory Board:
- Andrea Darby Stewart, MD, Associate Director, Honor Health Family Medicine Residency Program and Clinical Professor of Family, Community & Occupational Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
- Douglas S. Paauw, MD, MACP, Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine
For the purposes of disclosure, Dr. Luke Laffin reports relevant financial relationships with CRISPR Therapeutics [hyperlipidemia], Eli Lilly [obesity], Medtronic [hypertension] (honorarium); Arrowhead [hyperlipidemia], AstraZeneca [hyperlipidemia], Mineralys Therapeutics [hypertension] (grants/research support).
The other speakers have nothing to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
TRC Healthcare offers CE credit for this podcast. Log in to your Pharmacist’s Letter or Prescriber Insights account and look for the title of this podcast in the list of available CE courses.
The clinical resources mentioned during the podcast are part of a subscription to Pharmacist’s Letter and Prescriber Insights:
- Chart: Treatment of Hypertension
- Chart: Angiotensin Receptor Blockers and Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
- Chart: Comparison of Calcium Channel Blockers
- Chart: Comparison of Commonly Used Diuretics
If you’re not yet a Pharmacist’s Letter or Prescriber Insights subscriber, find out more about our product offerings at trchealthcare.com.
Follow or subscribe, rate, and review this show in your favorite podcast app. You can also reach out to provide feedback or make suggestions by emailing us at ContactUs@trchealthcare.com.