Special guest Dave L. Dixon, PharmD, FACC, FAHA, FCCP, FNLA, BCACP, CDCES, CLS, the Nancy L. and Ronald H. McFarlane Professor of Pharmacy and Chair of the Department of Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science at the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy, joins us to talk about chronic coronary disease.
Listen in as he discusses the management of chronic coronary disease with a focus on the new American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines.
You’ll also hear practical advice from panelists on TRC’s Editorial Advisory Board:
- Anthony A. Donato, Jr., MD, MHPE, Associate Program Director, Tower Health System Internal Medicine Residency Program and Professor of Medicine at the Drexel University College of Medicine
- Steven E. Nissen, MD, MACC, the Chief Academic Officer at the Heart and Vascular Institute and the Lewis and Patricia Dickey Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine Professor of Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University
- Craig D. Williams, PharmD, FNLA, BCPS, Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice at the Oregon Health and Science University
For the purposes of disclosure, Dr. Dixon reports a relevant financial relationship [GLP-1 agonists, SGLT2 inhibitors] with Boehringer Ingelheim (grants/research support). Dr. Steven Nissen reports relevant financial relationships [cardiology] with AbbVie, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Esperion, Medtronic, MyoKardia, New Amsterdam Pharma, Novartis, Pfizer, Silence Therapeutics (grants/research support).
The other speakers have nothing to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
TRC Healthcare offers CE credit for this podcast. Log in to your Pharmacist’s Letter or Prescriber’s Letter account and look for the title of this podcast in the list of available CE courses.
The clinical resources mentioned during the podcast are part of a subscription to Pharmacist’s Letter and Prescriber’s Letter:
- Toolbox: Optimizing Care of Patients with Coronary Artery Disease
- Chart: Dual Antiplatelet Therapy for Coronary Artery Disease
- Chart: Treatment of Hypertension
If you’re not yet a Pharmacist’s Letter or Prescriber’s Letter subscriber, find out more about our product offerings at trchealthcare.com.
Follow or subscribe, rate, and review this show in your favorite podcast app. You can also reach out to provide feedback or make suggestions by emailing us at ContactUs@trchealthcare.com.