This month’s TRC Hot Topic on-demand webinar features an expert panel discussion and clinical guidance on Sorting Through Specifics of Penicillin Allergies. Listen Deanna L. McDanel, PharmD, BCPS, BCACP, Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Ambulatory Care, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Iowa Healthcare and College of Pharmacy, Iowa City, IA, and other panelists discuss and answer common clinical questions, including:
- Why is accurate penicillin allergy documentation important?
- How should you sort through specifics with penicillin allergies?
- What are considerations for assessing allergy risk?
- What are treatment options for patients with a history of penicillin allergy?
- What is the risk of cross-reactivity with cephalosporins?